User Profile
I have a lump in groin area about the size of a grapefruit, I have trouble urinating and I keep having infections, I also have primary biliary cirossis stage 4, the pain is getting unbearable in my stomach, I have been told I need to have it removed, bit I cannot find a surgeon to perform this. So I was wondering if there is any help out there for me?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 16th, 2018
Womens Conditions Answer A64011
Hi, and thanks for your query on eHealth forum!

The treatment will depend on the nature of lump. If you have been advised a removal then it could be a lymphnode or a neurofibroma or a lipoma. Since you have recurrent urinary and probably vaginal infections, in all probability the swelling is a swollen lymphnode.

It is important to find the cause of infection and treat it. Also, it is important to rule out diabetes. Often high glucose levels cause recurrent infections. Controlling the infections and keeping the cirrhosis under control may be the key solutions to your problems and appropriate investigations and treatment management should be done in that area.

Please consult your healthcare provider for further guidance. This reply to your query is just for education and counseling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit and treatment by a doctor who can examine you. Hope this helped you in making an informed decision about your health. Take care!

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Womens Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.