Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Abortion Debate Forum

Woman has seven abortions and says no regrets (Page 1)

Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 15th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
I havent read the link, just the title of this thread, but i believe i can offer an opinion just based on that. Denial is often a way for someone to try to live with the emotional pain of abortion. Once she accepts her wrong doing all she will be left with is pain, emptyness perhaps even clinical depression, at least by denying her regret she can try to reassure herself "it was for the best" she may not admit it but she will probably already be dealing with the pain of abortion, her self reassurance of "it was for the best" is her last refuge from complete collapse.
|

replied July 15th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I know several women who have had multiple abortions, it's their choice.
It doesn't mean she was being irresponsible, some people are just fertile and different contraceptive methods fail. I've had two unplanned pregnancies - had I not miscarried the first I would have aborted more than once (I was in the process of making an appointment as it happens) - not because I'd been irresponsible but because my birth control had failed (different methods incidentally).

I may not like it but it's not my place to judge her, only she really knows how she felt/feels about each pregnancy.

Gu£st wrote:
Denial is often a way for someone to try to live with the emotional pain of abortion. Once she accepts her wrong doing all she will be left with is pain

Do you really believe all women "deny the emotional pain" after an abortion? Not true.
And maybe the abortions weren't 'wrong' for her so there may well be no wrong doing to accept. kiss
|

replied July 15th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I know several people who have had multiple children, and claim not to regret it. I don't believe them -- they look old, haggard and miserable. Not to mention poor. And their kids are pretty useless as human beings. But it's not acceptable to voice regret about having kids, so they pretend like their lives are not devoid of all enjoyment.
|

replied July 15th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Plenty of women have multiple abortions without regret. I do not feel that abortion is wrong, so I do not regret my abortions.

Whether you have 1 or 7, if you do not feel that abortion is wrong, you are not going to have regrets. If you made the choices on your own free will, without coersion or force, you are not going to have regrets.
|

User Profile
replied July 15th, 2008
Experienced User
Didn't read the post- just shows to me she made the right CHOICE for herself.

I don't know how many women can do that but she's doin fine for herself. Smile
|

replied July 15th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Until a woman has more than 9 abortions, nature still has her beat. Nature aborts 9 zefs for every one successful birth.
|

replied July 15th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Gu£st wrote:
I havent read the link, just the title of this thread, but i believe i can offer an opinion just based on that. Denial is often a way for someone to try to live with the emotional pain of abortion. Once she accepts her wrong doing all she will be left with is pain, emptyness perhaps even clinical depression, at least by denying her regret she can try to reassure herself "it was for the best" she may not admit it but she will probably already be dealing with the pain of abortion, her self reassurance of "it was for the best" is her last refuge from complete collapse.

Well then every woman on the planet who has had sex should feel the same way, since they all have had multiple abortions caused by nature, their own actions, the environment, etc., etc.
|

User Profile
replied July 15th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Gu£st wrote:

Of course. If she doesn't feel pain, she must be in denial.
|

User Profile
replied July 15th, 2008
Supporter
Seems a little odd to me that you can be that unlucky 7 times
|
Users who thank Dannzibelle for this post: joeswife79 

replied July 16th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Dannzibelle wrote:
Seems a little odd to me that you can be that unlucky 7 times

I'm guessing 8 since she almost aborted her son but over the years I guess it's possible to have many unwanted pregnancies (wouls people be critical if she'd continued them all??). She says she used contraception properly, only she knows how true that is but regardless her life, her decisions
|

User Profile
replied July 16th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
There are so many things in this world that are our free decision but it sure doesn't make it right. Law or no law I can think of many!
|

replied July 16th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
meblonde01 wrote:
There are so many things in this world that are our free decision but it sure doesn't make it right. Law or no law I can think of many!

As long as they remain our free decision, you can disagree to your heart's content.
|

User Profile
replied July 16th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
aochriss wrote:
meblonde01 wrote:

As long as they remain our free decision, you can disagree to your heart's content.

yup, and that's a good thing!
|

replied July 16th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Agreed! Smile
|

User Profile
replied July 17th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
If she knew she can get pregnant so easy then she should have not been having so much sex until her situation was "perfect" according to her. What a sad life the one of this woman. 39 and living on shame..At least she says now she wouldn't have any more abortions.
|

User Profile
replied July 17th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
nightangel73 wrote:
If she knew she can get pregnant so easy then she should have not been having so much sex until her situation was "perfect" according to her. What a sad life the one of this woman. 39 and living on shame..At least she says now she wouldn't have any more abortions.

yeah, to bad she didn't say that after the first one.. if she felt so bad.
|

replied July 17th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
nightangel73 wrote:
If she knew she can get pregnant so easy then she should have not been having so much sex until her situation was "perfect" according to her.

Define "so much sex". Wink

And why should she not be having it? I do think there may have been some form of contraception she may not have tried which would have saved her going through so many abortions but many women don't wish to conceive, ever, it doesn't mean they should be judged for having sex!

The fact is this woman having seven abortions has not affected any of us, if she feels shame but no regret then maybe that is to do with societies perception of women who have unplanned pregnancies/abortions and less with her own feelings towards it. Who knows
|

replied July 17th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
meblonde01 wrote:

Perhaps she felt fine after her first abortion and therefore felt no need to say she wouldn't have another. We can't predict the future after all looking
|

replied July 17th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
meblonde01 wrote:
nightangel73 wrote:

meblonde and nightangel,

All women should live in shame, then, because even having sex in order to procreate causes abortions, just as many if not more than the woman in the story who had 7.

The end result of having sex to make a child and having sex for pleasure is still dead fertilized eggs and embryos. Do you two feel shame over the abortions you've caused?
|