Hello!

Last night I dreamt that I was thinking of a song, woke up almost screaming, and my right ear was in pain for several minutes. All I could think of was that I had caught something at work.

I use headphones for my job. Sometimes headphones aren't found at my station and I have to find others that have been used by other employees. I disinfect them from top to bottom before I use them, but, now I'm wondering if I have a worm, lice, or something else in my ear?

I'm really concerned as this is the first time this has happened. Sometimes I'll wake up with my ears, one or the other, aching in pain and it wakes me up. I have to sleep on the opposite side, and, I have a hard time sleeping on the right side. It tends to go away within 24 hours and then a few days up to a few months later, it starts all over again.

Any help or suggestions on to what may be going on is so appreciated.

Thanks so much!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 12th, 2019
That your needs to be examined for possibility of any foreign body or excess wax or an infection. Treatment would depend upon the respective cause in consultation with your doctor.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.