Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Postpartum and Postnatal Forum

5 wks postpartum in a lot of pain from 2nd degree tear.

User Profile
I am 5 weeks postpartum (my first child) and still in a lot of pain from a 2nd degree tear. When I stand up, I'm sometime doubled over and its difficult to walk for a few moments. and For the past 2 weeks, there has been this milky white to slightly yellow discharge and an odd smell. And there also looks like a canker sore on the inside of my vagina. I haven't had sex yet and I'm std free so I don't know what is going on. I've been wearing tucks pads, doing sitz baths, and trying ice to dull the pain but nothing is working. Is something infected or is this normal?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 8th, 2012
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A39354
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The symptoms that you describe suggest infective cause worsening or delaying the healing. Do not ignore your symptoms. Visit your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for thorough examination and a swab/smear test to look for causative agent. Get started on treatment as appropriate (based on examination findings and evaluation results) to help you control the symptoms. Consider being in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid use of tight fitting clothes. Avoid sweat accumulation. Keep area clean and dry. Avoid intercourse until you get clear ticket from your doctor/gynecologist.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Postpartum and Postnatal , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.