Well my son doesn't open up well. As his mother, I used to talk to him all the time about things any normal child and parent would talk about. It seems since he started puberty, he doesn;t open up well at all. His father, has never really been a family man, never talks to him about anything, or even trys. Whether my son wants to admit it or not, he knows that his father does cocaine and drugs a lot. His dad has never really taken him or his brother on any major vacations, and has never been a family man at all. He has a job with good income, and in my opinion that is all he is good for. Me and my son also know that he is gay. He never opens up and I am afraid that something bad could happen if he keeps in all of his emotions all of the time. What do you guys suggest I do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 5th, 2008
Supporter
I suggest family counseling for you and your sons. A counselor can act as a third person who is neutral int he family dynamics. What I'm wondering is why you are still with their father is he is a drug user and does not give you the emotional support that you need?
|

User Profile
replied May 27th, 2009
Supporter
does your son has any close friends?
it's possible his friends know how he feels, but you don't.
does his dad even take him out even though you say he isn't a family man?

my son is 13 years old and he is attitudy and he doesn't like talking to me anymore. i was talking to a nurse who had the same problem with her 13 y.o daughter. so some of this could be contribute to puberty. but being the mother, you have to make him listen to you no matter how painful he might make it seems. i understand how you feel.
my son's father is M.I.A most of the time and my son isnt willing to admit this about his dad, and he thinks the guy is superman. so i m sure he will grow up and figure things out on his own.

my mom told me to never bad mouth his dad.
|