I am having issues with my teeth clicking, but it stared with pain in my back upper teeth, mainly the left side. I went to a dentis and they did xrays on this and saw where I had two wisdom teeth in my upper mouth that are impaceted, but said they were not cutting through my gums. They referred me to an oral surgeon so I went and they said they did not think it was my wisdom teeth. Another dentist I went to said that this could be the only thing causing me pain. Can anybody help me?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 1st, 2011
so had a lot of typos on this! sorry!
|

User Profile
replied December 2nd, 2011
Especially eHealthy
cjbowiegirl,

It is always a difficult situation when you get conflicting advise. It seems that you will have to get another opinion for a different oral surgeon. The dentists believe that the wisdom teeth are the problem. I assume that they came to this conclusion after they had ruled out all other causes, such as cavities, infection, etc.

It is basically up to you, as only you know how much it bothers you. If it is a problem, then you are going to continue to seek a solution, and that seems to lie with an oral surgeon.

Do not go to the one you have already seen. You might ask your dentists for a copy of your records and x-rays, to take with you to the oral surgeon. If, for some reason that this surgeon also says it is not your wisdom teeth, ask for a reason why you are hurting and what can be done about it.

Good luck.
|

User Profile
replied December 11th, 2011
Experienced User
Clicking can be caused by your teeth being impacted but you may also want them to check your TMJ (Temperal Mandibular Joint) this joint tends to "click" sometimes while chewing or even just talking. It is known to sometimes be painful.

Hope this helps Smile
|

replied December 12th, 2011
I have already faced it.Wisdom tooth pain should be taken lightly. Another good idea is rinsing your mouth with a salt-water solution. Using a mixture of about eight ounces of water with two teaspoons of salt, gently rinse your mouth with the solution. Salt-water rinses clean your mouth and help dislodge pieces of food that may be trapped in the gums around your tooth, exacerbating wisdom tooth pain.You should take some antibiotic tablet for pain.
|

replied December 26th, 2011
I find out it is my wisdome teeth and I am scheduled for surgery on 1/12 since I have absolutely no room in my mouth for them to come in. This has been going on since June so I am so ready for no more pain!!! Well, no more pain after I heal from surgery.. hopefully it won't be that bad =) Thanks for the input guys!
|

User Profile
replied December 26th, 2011
Experienced User
oh good I'm glad they found out. Good luck it'll be nice to have them removed and pain free
|
Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....