Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

Wisdom teeth causing headaches ?

Alright ima try to give a general rundown of whats been going on.

Since about october 2007, ive been having almost daily reoccuring mild tension type feeling headaches in both sides of my temples.

I originally found out i grinded my teeth hard during sleep, so I got a dentist prescribed nightguard. Started wearing that, the headaches improved for about 2-3 weeks and I hardly had any at all.

I noticed about 6 months ago my wisdom teeth on the top were starting to show signs of coming through, then I got the mouthguard and almost forgot about the whole ordeal.

Lately the headaches have came back, and my top left wisdom tooth has broken through the gum about halfway at this point.

Symptoms i'm having while the headache is occuring.

burning feeling in gums
burning dry eyes
tender gums
swollen gums
mild migraine like headache in both side temples
short stabbing pains in both temples randomly
sensitivity to light
pain radiating through jaw

Could this be from my top wisdom teeth coming through the gums and the top right one almost coming through the gum? It doesnt appear that its coming through with anough room to not be impacted, but i havent got x-rays yet and wont be able to for a few more weeks, thats why I am posting this now to get a little peace of mind.

Im thinking that the teeth started coming in back when the headaches started in 2007 and there just now coming through and thats why the headaches have felt the same the whole time since it was mostly due to the one problem, im hoping atleast.

Any opinions or comments is very appreciated on this subject, thanks alot
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 10th, 2009
did you find out if this was your wisdom teeth or not? i have the same problem right now.
|

replied February 8th, 2011
Wisdom teeth pain
hi i have 3 wisdom teeth showing already i just found yesterday and ive being having ice picking headaches all over my head first i thought it was my sinius cuz my forehead hurt under my eye then my temples then the back of my head then the top center head and now i feel mild pain in my jaw were the wisdom teeth is showing i dont know if its mild pain cuz they just coming in or what? and also pain in my right shoulder and kind of chest pain....please somebody HELP!!!
|

replied March 14th, 2011
HEADACHES FROM LAST WISDOM TOOTH COMING OUT
I GOT ALL 4 OF MY WISDOM TEATH MY LAST 1 IS HALF WAY OUT . WHEN IT WAS BRAKING THROUGH . MY DOCTOR GAVE ME VIC AND IB PLUS AMOXCILLIAN COUSE MY JAW HURT MY EYEYS HURT AMD I HAD BAD HEADACHES . KNOW SINCE ITS BROKEN THROUGH AND HALF WAY OUT I JUST GOT HEADACHES . SO THIS IS VERY COMMON JUST DONT TLET YOUR TEETH GET INFECTED LIKE MINE THIS LAST TOOTH WAS THE MOST PAINFULL . IM GONNA KEEP MY TEATH IN MY MOUTH COUSE HEADACHES ARE BETTER THEN GETTING YOUR TEETH PULLED . LOOK IT UP ON U TUBE PEOPLE GO THROUGH MORE PAIN GETTING THERE TOOTH PULLED THEN HAVING MILD HEADACHES PLU HALF OF THEM GET HOOKED ON PAIN KILLERS!
|

replied May 22nd, 2013
Anyone who is going through this I completely understand! I thought for the longest time I had allergys and sinus problems so I took every over the counter medication I could...None of it helped. Come to find out it was a combination of 2 things: grinding my teeth so hard that I even broke one of my wisdom teeth. 2nd my wisdom teeth Needed to be pulled, because I grinded them so hard I even caused an infection in them. Getting your wisdom teeth pulled will give you automatic relief from your tension headaches, and after that I would recommend wearing a mouth gaurd to prevent the grinding:)
|

replied May 22nd, 2013
Anyone who is going through this I completely understand! I thought for the longest time I had allergys and sinus problems so I took every over the counter medication I could...None of it helped. Come to find out it was a combination of 2 things: grinding my teeth so hard that I even broke one of my wisdom teeth. 2nd my wisdom teeth Needed to be pulled, because I grinded them so hard I even caused an infection in them. Getting your wisdom teeth pulled will give you automatic relief from your tension headaches, and after that I would recommend wearing a mouth gaurd to prevent the grinding:)
|
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....