Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

window period is less at low risk?

why is window period is less at low risk?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 4th, 2013
Experienced User
I do not understand you question. There is either risk or no risk. In case of a risk, the window period is always 3 months from the date of exposure as the manufacturers of the test suggest that there tests can provide a reliable result only at/after 3 months, this is because normally for the human bodies to produce detectable anti bodies, it take more or less 3 months.
|

replied August 4th, 2013
Hello At_ss
actually what happened is ..i met with some one ..i dont know about her..what she did is she just hold my pennis and shagged for almost 1 or 2 mins ..and i was in fear with hiv...and i saw symptoms in me...when i tested for hiv after one month it came negative...does t is reliable..i also dont wheather she has cuts to her hand or not
|

replied August 5th, 2013
Experienced User
HIV is sexually transmitted by unprotected penetrative anal/vaginal sex.
The activity you mentioned is zero risk for HIV. You do not need testing. Always use condoms and stay safe.
|
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....