Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

will tomato juice or potato juice help get fair toned skin?

User Profile
Hi i am 28 years old.I was using lemon juice on my face for fair and toned skin and it proved quite effective but my beard and mustache started turning white.Someone told me to use tomato juice or potato juice instead of lemon juice to avoid white hairs. my question is that will tomato juice or potato juice will be helpful to get a fair and toned skin without turning my hair white.if not then kindly suggest me what to do. my skin is oily.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 26th, 2014
General Q and A Answer A46112
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
These all act as bleaching agents, and since citric acid is strongest, you may experience bleaching of hair along with skin. If worried, visit your doctor/dermatologist and discuss about getting chemical peel done for skin lightening. Go ahead with further treatment options as recommended after careful evaluation done by your doctor/dermatologist. Be in regular follow-up and monitoring with your treating doctor/dermatologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.