Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Epilepsy Forum

will seizure disorder bring problems in marriage?

Hi.. I 'm 22 yrs old. When i was 15, during a mensural cycle, i suffered with stmch ache n ended up in fits.. That happened n school n ma staffs didn't care to take me to hosp.. And aftr 13 hrs ma parents tuk me to doc n it was diagnosed as seizure disorder. nearly 8 yrs 'm undr medication(tablt name:tegrital CR 200..400gms per day) and still i fl numbness all ovr body n sometyms mild attacks during sleep.. But in othr day-to-day activities 'm perfectly alrite.. My problem is , many say tat ths will bring a gr8 prob n sex lif n pregnancy. same way i am not feeling any romantic moods in any tym... Will it affect rest of my lif whr ma parents re gng to arrange fa marriage n months... I fl nt to engage n partnership whr i don 've interest and second thng i don ve enuf confidence.. So can anyone suggest whtr ths s bcuz of ma medication and is t tru wht ma frnz n othrz say???Thanks in advance.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 8th, 2012
Hi,
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out. Please be assured that the symptoms which you are complaining of are unlikely to be due to the medications which you’re taking. However, it makes sense to an EEG and an MRI of the brain and if these reports are normal, then you should stop taking tegrital as you’ve already taken it for quite a long time. Please do consult a neurologist before stopping the medicines. Taking these medications will not hamper your married life at all. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|

User Profile
replied August 8th, 2012
Hi,
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out. Please be assured that the symptoms which you are complaining of are unlikely to be due to the medications which you’re taking. However, it makes sense to an EEG and an MRI of the brain and if these reports are normal, then you should stop taking tegrital as you’ve already taken it for quite a long time. Please do consult a neurologist before stopping the medicines. Taking these medications will not hamper your married life at all. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Must Read
Click here to learn more about what causes epilepsy and the different types of epilepsy. Start here to learn about the basics of this type of brain disorder. ...
Get the facts on epilepsy types. Identify signs & symptoms of epilepsy. We outline different types of epileptic seizures so you know when to seek help....
How can you know if you're having an epileptic seizure? We outline how doctors clinically diagnose epilepsy and other seizures here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Epilepsy , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.