Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

Will my body look like it did before anorexia?

Hi! Well to give you a little background info about me, i am currently recovering from an eating disorder. I was 118 pounds before anorexia and 5 foot 6. Then i began to restrict my calories to 800 a day and excercised for about 30 minutes everyday. i am currently 5 foot 7 and 108 pounds. i know i do have to gain the weight back but what is worrying me the most is if my body will look the same as it did before i had an eating disorder. When i look back on pictures of me before my eating disorder, i realize I really did have a beautiful slim body that I completely messed up with losing the weight.
So i guess i just need any kind of answer that will help me know if my body will go back to the way it was before my eating disorder.

Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 2nd, 2010
hey, i am recovering from anorexia too and i have asked alot if i will get my body back but with little response Sad but after all that waiting i put on weight and only have 3 more pounds till i stop, my body is going back to the shape it was but my hips arent as big as they were but thats probably due to me not going completely back to my original weight, so basically if you go back to what you were before then yep you get your shape back Smile if not you get your shape but are a bit smaller Smilei hope that helped... x
|

replied August 4th, 2010
Experienced User
Hey you both!

You should be able to get your old shape back. In may not be perfectly the same, but more or less the same. You also may be stuck with stretch marks if you lost weight rapidly, but other than that it should be okay. Smile
|

User Profile
replied August 4th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Stop worrying about what you will look like and instead concentrate on your eating habits...Work at keeping your calorie count up...Stop looking in the mirror...Get past the "I must be perfect person" inside yourself and get healthy....These are the things that are important...I cannot look at myself as wanting to find my yesterday as this is my today....Don't try and go backward, move forward...Take care....

Caroline
|
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....