Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

will laptops raise some electromagnetic fields (EMFs)

I am male age of 25 years, i have been getting pain for bones at joints and even for bones . I have been working from 3 months on mac lap top . Before that i didn't have these things and all . I figured out this based on my personal observation that some sort of ray are coming from laptop and getting some heat from that . My total front parts like legs,knees, hands,fingers,elbow ,ankle are affected and paining . Now if i walk also i am getting pain at knee a lot . I have gone through google , laptops will raise some electromagnetic fields (EMFs) which leads to bone cancer. it it true ? please suggest me with good explanation .Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied October 27th, 2015
Welcome to e health forum.

There is nothing to worry about cancers and any radiation induced disorders due to the use of Laptops or computers.

It is more likely that your symptoms are due to long hours of working on the PC and probably not maintaining a good posture or bad ergonomic office situations.

Back and neck pain, headaches, and shoulder and arm pain are common computer-related injuries. Such muscle and joint problems can be caused or made worse by poor workstation design, bad posture and sitting for extended periods of time.

Although sitting requires less muscular effort, it still causes fatigue and requires parts of the body to be held steady for long periods of time. This reduces circulation to the muscles, bones, tendons and ligaments and can result in stiffness and pain. If a workstation is not set up properly, these steady positions can put even greater stress on muscles and joints.

Prevention tips – muscle and joint injuries

Suggestions to reduce the risk of muscle and joint problems include:

1. Use an adjustable desk designed for use with computers; position the monitor so that it is either at eye level or slightly lower.
2. Position your keyboard at a height that allows your elbows to rest comfortably at your side. Forearms should be roughly parallel with the floor and level with your keyboard.
3. Adjust your chair so that your feet rest flat on the floor.
4. Use a footstool (if your feet do not rest on the floor when the chair is adjusted for good arm position).
5. Switch to an ergonomic chair, which helps your spine to naturally hold its curve while sitting.
6. Some tips on use of keyboards and accessories.
Use an ergonomic keyboard to offer your hands and wrists a more natural holding position. Keep your mouse at the same height as your correctly positioned keyboard. Position the mouse as close as possible to the side of the keyboard. Use your whole arm, not just your wrist, when using the mouse. Type lightly and gently. Mix your tasks to avoid long, uninterrupted stretches of typing. Remove the hands from the keyboard when not actively typing, to allow the arms to relax.
7. Take frequent short breaks and go for a walk or perform stretching exercises at your desk. Stand often.

Over time following the above suggestions should improve your health. In case they are not helping consulting a doctor for a examination and specific interventions may be required.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Cancer
Quick Reply
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cancers , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.