after having anorexia for a year i am now trying to gain weight but i'm worried when my weight is on my body won't return to it's original shape, does anyone know if it will? is this selfish of me to think this? x
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 21st, 2010
this is what i worry about all the time too! i feel like my body is not going to be the way it used to be and i am so sad and mad because i look back on pictures of how i used to be and i found that i really did like the way my body looked before. but i had to mess it up with an eating disorder...ugh i wish i had never ever done that. i do think that it is selfish for both of us to worry about this and i feel really bad just worrying about my body all the time and not other things that are happening. like when i heard my grandparent was diagnosed with cancer, i was worried for about 5 minutes and then started thinking about how i hate my body. an eating disorder is such a horrible thing to have because it consumes your thoughts and I HATE IT!!!! but yeah, sorry this didn't really help with your question...i just wanted to say that i worry about that too. but congratulations on deciding to recover! i do think that life is much better in recovery!
|

replied June 21st, 2010
thank you Smile don't be so hard on yourself though, anorexia is such a controlling horrible thing but i hope you get better because you seem so genuinly lovely Smile
|
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....