Medical Questions > Nutrition > Weight Loss Forum

Will I gain, maintain, or lose weight with what I ate today?

Today I ate:

1 cup of vanilla oat cereal with 1/2 cup of 1% milk.

3 Oreos (I know, bad, but I was having really bad cravings)

1 sandwich. (turkey, slice of provolone cheese, two pieces of whole grain 5g per serving fiber bread)

A couple glasses of water. (tend to never be thirsty)

No official exercise today besides a lot of cleaning around the house.

It's midnight for me now so I'm done eating for the day.

Will I lose, gain, or maintain my weight for the day with the amount of food and calories I consumed today?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 20th, 2013
Hi there, you actually haven't had that much to eat considering a whole day. It looks like you haven't had any dinner, so I would say that you will lose weight. Even though you haven't exercised still being active an doing cleaning will certainly still burn calories. It is best for you to not skip meals as this can slow down your metabolism which then means slow down your weight loss results. Always keep eating all your meals but just cut down on the amount of carbs you have when trying to lose weight. There are really handy tips at this website, I use all the time. It might help you out too.
|

User Profile
replied May 26th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
It depends upon your level of exertion.
But the list of items show that you may maintain fit with these ingredients.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Must Read
What is metabolic syndrome and how is it characterized? Get started by learning more about metabolic or insulin resistance syndrome here....
Is insulin resistance related to metabolic syndrome? Does a poor diet cause metabolic syndrome? And are you at risk of developing this metabolic disorder?...
Does metabolic syndrome manifest any symptoms? Learn the characteristic signs and symptoms of metabolic problems, plus know when to seek medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Weight Loss , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.