Medical Questions > Cancer > Thyroid Cancer Forum

will a biopsy tell the stage? How long will healing take?

User Profile
i recently have an operation in my thyroid. the doctor took all my thyroid because they saw 2 nodule in both side. and the biopsy report result says that i have stage 1 papillary thyroid carcinoma.. it is possible that you can already tell what stage it is in just a biopsy? it is normal after my surgery i feel some pain in my jaw and my scar? it almost 1 month still i feel that it is not totally healed... is it normal? is coughing is normal after surgery?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 2nd, 2012
Thyroid Cancer Answer A39179
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum and thanks for writing

The staging of the papillary carcinoma is based on the clinical examination, biopsy report and other investigations as CT scan, MRI, nuclear scan etc and usually persons of less than 45 years have either Stage 1 or 2 itself. Relax as the diagnosis must have been made after proper clinical evaluation. Some pain around the jaw and surrounding area may be present for 6 to 8 weeks.
Consider taking the advised treatment accordingly and take adequate rest.

Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Thyroid Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.