Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Lupus Forum

wife using lupus as an excuse

User Profile
since my wife told she has lupus she has become more abusive.she has a short fuse and throws tantrums.She looks demon possesed and strung out.She cant lift a finger to cook or clean because she says her joints hurt but when she gets angered she all of a sudden has great strength.breaking doors down,climbing thru windows,going thru my drawers,punching and kicking me,etc.She just loses control.What i hate most is when she drives with our kids and gets mad.she will speed zig zag thru traffic.i can go on and on.whenever i start writing about her it makes me sick
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 6th, 2016
It sounds like stress to me. She's probably very devastated about the lupus and she's holding it in like a pressure cooker. Humans can't do this. The steam escapes at people and situations that don't warrant it.
|

replied February 1st, 2017
If she is taking steriods/prednisone it can cause mood swings with lots of other side effects. Anxiety. An invisible illness is the worst. Your wife probably looks normal, but believe me, she probably feels horrible. Go with her on her next Rhumatology appointment and talk so you can talk to her doctor too. There may be some meds that could help. Hopefully you can find a solution that helps the whole family.
|

replied December 4th, 2017
This sounds like side effects from Steroids COMPLETELY!! I know I was this way as well. It's very important for you to find out if she is indeed on them and then HELP her manage this stress that this drug causes. If she has to take Pred to control her lupus then there. is no way for her to control her mood swings. The drug does this. However the good news is that most ppl are not on these high doses for long periods and the doctors are probably working on a plan to cut this back and taper it to the Lowest level. sThere will be periods that she will have to go back on this drug and there is just nothing that can help with that unfortunately. Perhaps driving with the kids is not a good idea if she is on those.

Good luck.
|
Tags: lupus
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn the basics about autoimmune disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing an autoimmune disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for autoimmune disorders....