my wife has been hearing voices for 2yrs now and has been diagnosed w scizoaffective dissorder.she also has a seizure dissorder and has been on high doses of seizure meds for yrs.now over the past 2 yrs she has attempted suicide twice and they just keep going from med to med to med,please help!

it has gotten to the point where im ready to lose my job as a 911 dispatcher due to days missed to care for her. is anyone else out there suffering from both seizures and scizophrania? or are the two problems related? any help would be greatly appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 28th, 2010
Active User, very eHealthy
Sounds pretty rough on both of you.

Don't risk losing your job, it's not an option, you may have to put her in a home if it gets bad enough ya know.

It'll be very hard but it sounds like it might have to happen.

Does she have visual hallucinations as well? Delusional also?
|

replied December 29th, 2010
no she doesnt have any visual problems just the voices but they tell her to harm herself and the numerous meds just dont seem to help at all
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Don't forget to ask her questions about what she is going through, try and find out why the voices are telling her to do these things.

Unfortunately I don't thing that they have found the perfect treatment for this yet, but you have to keep trying, maybe you'll find one that works.

I guess buckle up and ride.
|

Experienced User
Re: wife hears voices
ken372 wrote:
...any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi ken,

I have sent you a PM.

Merrick
|

User Profile
replied January 26th, 2011
Voices &Schizophrenia
I know I'm late in on this coversation but in the effort of looking up hearing voices this came up. Our minds and bodies have every capability of healing themselves. Your wife may have severe reactions to the medications. I live in pain and every drug causes other side effects that may worsen or complicate so many other symptoms. I would take her off drugs and monitor a detox program with a doctor. Then begin an all natural diet that gives her all the minerals and aminos, proteins that she needs or may be missing. Then monitor her behaviors and get a second opinion on diagnosis. LOVE is healing and Love never gives up. Love her with Gods Love. All my prayers.
|

replied January 27th, 2011
wife hears voices
im looking for a natural solution unfortunately there are no doctors of that type in our area.and the doctors we r dealing with just want to keep pushing the meds on her
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....