Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C Forum

Wieght loss surgery for reducing fatty livers?

Ok, I am writing this in hopes someone can give me a clearer answer.

this isn't about me but is about my girlfriend who is about to have gastric sleeve surgery.
She is a 40 year old women that has had a full hysterectomy and has type 2 diabetes. she has had a history of thyroid and weight issues. she is 5,7 weighs 225 LBS. she has an enlarged fatty liver of 27cm and the Doctor said that she needs "emergent" gastric sleeve surgery to bring down her enlarged liver. this was claimed on this past thursday. I have been looking high and low for documentation and statistics on using the surgery for reducing fatty livers but can't find any information. Does this sound right? has there been a history of using this procedure for such cases, Im worried and scared for her.

Thank you for your time
Gerald V
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 17th, 2015
Extremely eHealthy
I would get a 2nd opinion.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Diabetes
Quick Reply
Must Read
Hepatitis can lead to serious liver damage. We cover basics about liver anatomy and define hepatitis here. Plus info on the different types of hepatitis....
What are the major causes of Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C? Start here to learn what puts you at risk so that you can avoid the serious liver disease...
A list of the symptoms of each type of Hepatitis here. Plus, when you should seek medical attention for Hep signs and symptoms....