Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Relationships Forum

why this change of personality

i have been friends with this guy for 6 years and i have noticed in the last 3 years his whole personality has changed. he has gone from a sensitive guy who really cared about me to this unemotional jerk who just plays mind games. could this be because he isnt taking his meds. hes bipolar and adhd. 3 years ago he would be so sensitive and even cry when i wasnt well mentally now i think if i was mentally unstable again he wouldnt even care. he wrote me a card 3 years ago at christmas and this is what it said. let me get a few things off of my chest. i know you think i am always angry with you but i am not, we are friends best friends soon ready to date. (i know you are) i just want you to get better dam n it because at the time my ocd was out of control. and then he put p.s. yes angie i do care about you. (angie is my name) i dont get it was his whole nice thing pretend or is he actually not taking his meds and thats why hes so mean now? i want answers. or has he changed? also in the last few days after he broke up with me because i was jealous of another girl that he was playing games with me with he phones me 2 days ago and invites me along with her and he knew she liked him and he "liked" her.i dont get it why would he taunt me with her? he never would do this kind of thing 3 years ago?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 3rd, 2011
Experienced User
also he has started to bully people and make snide remarks.i dont get him. is it because of him not taking his meds? he never would have been this mean 3 years ago in fact he would have stuck up for me 3 years against bullies not bully me. i am confused on how he could change that drastically. did i miss the signs
|
Did you find this post helpful?