Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

why my period is delayed if we did not have sex .

i am freaking out right now.. so this past thursday me and my boyfriend were messing around, he did cum on my stomach but i dont think he did anywhere else and he also fingered me which me me bleed so i guess he broke my hymen . I am wondering why my period is delayed if we did not have sex . Could i be pregnant?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 28th, 2016
Welcome to e health forum.

If your previous cycles were regular and without any variation, and the current change has occurred for the first time, then it is likely that stress or anxiety could be the cause of your cycle changes. Second thoughts or apprehensions due to your recent sexual play or worry about possibly being pregnant would also be very stressful.

Stress certainly plays a role in suppressing the functioning of the hypothalamus, which controls the pituitary gland — the body's master gland — which, in turn, controls the thyroid and adrenal glands and the ovaries; they all work together to manage hormones. Any change in the hormonal equilibrium can hence affect the menstrual cycle.

Take proper rest and relax yourself. Stress can induce hormonal changes in the body. Destressing with having proper sleep, healthy balanced diet, meditation, practicing deep breathing exercises (yoga, etc) can be helpful and will keep your menstrual cycles regular.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Menstruation
Quick Reply
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.