Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

why I am wet in my vaginal area?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
My questions it I want to know why I am wet in my vaginal area a lot and why is my cum is thick and not liquid like?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 15th, 2012
Sexual Health - Women Answer A30411
Hi, and thanks for your medical question on eHealth forum!

The first possibility that comes to my mind that can cause a huge amount of clear vaginal discharge is pregnancy. Hence check and see whether you have missed a period or not. It is also possible that you are very close to your next due date of period, and likely to miss it as you are pregnant. Hence keep this option in mind.

The other possibility is that you are on some birth control pill that is causing excess discharge due to stimulation of the glands of cervix. If this is the case, changing the pill will help.

Non infective cervical lesion such as cervical erosion, chronic cervicitis, mucous polyp and ectropion (cervical glands are exposed to the vagina) may produce excessive secretion which pours out at the vagina.
The other possibilities are STD like gonorrhea and chlamydia, vaginal infections and prolonged use of tampons etc causing allergic reaction. There are many other causes of vaginal discharge but either they cause a foul smelling discharge or they cause an itch.

Since a confirmed diagnosis cannot be given on net please consult your gynecologist regarding this. Hope this helps. Take care!

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Women , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.