Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
Why does the semen burn after sex?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied July 2nd, 2011
Sexual Health - Women Answer A24607
Welcome to ehealthforum,
If there is vaginal infection or if your partner is having infection, you can experience burning sensation after ejaculation of semen. Do not ignore your symptoms. Visit your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for examination, vaginal swab/smear test to identify causative agent and get started on treatment as appropriate. Your partner should also consider getting semen analysis done to rule out chances of infection. Since you are sexually active, get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection. Drink plenty of water. Avoid vaginal douching, use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area (vagina has its own mechanism of cleaning itself. Use of these products harms the normal bacteria of vagina and it becomes susceptible to infection). Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid tight fitting clothes. Avoid having unprotected intercourse while both of you are on treatment course.
If infective causes are ruled out, chances of allergic reaction to the seminal fluid proteins should be ruled out by going ahead with further investigations.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Women , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.