Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Why does my stomach hurt when I swallow food and drink

Im a 19 year old male. About four days ago on Friday night I came down with a fever, chills, and back aches. The fever lasted till about Monday as well as the chills. My issue now is that eating and drinking is pretty unbearable. On Sunday I had only eatin one mini bagel a couple hours after waking up that waited the whole day to eat again. When I went to eat again, I would swallow and then get this slight chest and abdominal pain. The next day I tried eating and wound up only having a dry bowl of captain crunch and three tacos from chipotle. It took me all day to get through those tacos. I still feel hungry but don’t have a desire to eat food. Every time I drink I almost burp immediately and then that is followed with a similar chest and abdominal pain that comes from eating. Could the pain and burping be from having such an empty stomach. My other thoughts are going towards a hiatal hernia just because I pretty much have all the symptoms, including a little acid reflex. I did throw up Sunday night from too much phlegm in my stomach.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...