Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

why does it hurt when i have sex?

it really hurts when me and my bf have sex, we have only been doing it for about 1 or 2 weeks and my hymen has only broke the last time we did it but it has only started to hurt after the 2nd time we done it, after woods i can hardly walk and it is very painful when i pee.... i also think that my gouch tears a little bit when he inserts, we do use a condom with the correct lube. we haven't done it for about 2 days now and i really want to know why it happens.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper WildOne98

User Profile
replied December 20th, 2010
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out. To me it appears a psychological problem rather than a medical one. It looks like that you are having vaginismus. It is a condition where there is involuntary tightness of the vagina during attempted intercourse.

The tightness is actually caused by involuntary contractions of the pelvic floor muscles surrounding the vagina. Treatment involves extensive therapy that combines education, counseling, and behavioral exercises. I would suggest you to consult a gynecologist and get other causes of dyspareunia also ruled out.

Also talk to your partner openly about any apprehensions and consult a counselor for any relationship issues. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 10th, 2011
It hurts when I have sex?
When me and my husband have sex it hurts. I'm not sure why it hurts. It started about two months. It starts to hurt when we begun and at the end
.. I don't have any disease. Help what is wrong?
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 17th, 2011
im not a doc or anything but i belive there is a physcological problem you can hav u need to go speak to your gp as they can refer you to specialist that will be alble to help
Did you find this post helpful?

replied July 24th, 2012
It hurts..
Me & my bf have been having sex for about a year & it still hurts at first he has to finger me first or it won't go in & we can only go one time. After we are done always swells up. I don't get it .
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Womens Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.