Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Abortion Debate Forum

why do you think abortion is right (Page 1)

i just want to know what people think
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper jesusistruth
|

User Profile
replied February 11th, 2009
I think a woman has the right to do what she wants with her body. It's that simple.
|
Users who thank jenniferxnicole for this post: homerx 

pro choice
it is responcible because there is enough neglected or needy children in this world and I dont want to support anymore with my tax money. Whats better, living with no quality of life or never having the chance to know any different?
|
Users who thank jbob for this post: diamondsz  homerx 

and what about her child?
Our nation was founded on the basis that they (people) are endowed by their Creator (oh, look we were based in belief in God) with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. Furthermore, I believe that the right to life was left out of the Bill of Rights because it is so obvious that everyone, everywhere has that right. The Declaration of Independence also states that if abandoned these previously stated unalienable rights that this government should be abolished and a new one should be created. For 36 years the United States Federal Government has kept our right to life from us and it is about time we have some of that change we heard so much about this election.
|

CHANGE
a good change would be that in this country there should be 2 things free. Education and BIRTH CONTROL (vesectomy and tube tied ect.) Then mabey their would not be so many abortions. What do you think?
|

I think that then you're stopping the procreation of the human race. Not a good idea.
|

No, not a good idea at all.

Vesectomy is clearly unethical. Changing a man's bodily funtions so that he can only have pleasure and not be able to reproduce? It's extremely unnatural. Our bodies are not built that way.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
jesusistruth wrote:
I think that then you're stopping the procreation of the human race. Not a good idea.

So free birth control is a bad thing? Or is just birth control in general bad?
|

User Profile
Experienced User
life1234 wrote:

Vesectomy is clearly unethical. Changing a man's bodily funtions so that he can only have pleasure and not be able to reproduce? It's extremely unnatural. Our bodies are not built that way.

So if a married man doesn't want any more children, he shouldn't be able to enjoy sex with his wife? Shocked
|

So free birth control is a bad thing? Or is just birth control in general bad?[/quote]

Yes birth control is a bad thing, period. It is immoral, and unethical. In the Catholic Church's opinion birth control is intrinsically evil, and I choose to align myself with the Church's views.

So if a married man doesn't want any more children, he shouldn't be able to enjoy sex with his wife? Shocked[/quote]

Yes a married couple can morally have sex and avoid having child morally, provided they feel they are doing God's will. This option is called Natural Family Planning, and it is just as effective as any form of birth control, but is actually a good thing rather than the immorality of birth control.
|

That's why people use Natural Family Planning. There are natural ways of knowing whether your wife is fertile. If he goes as far as to cut off his body to ever being able ro reproduce again, then he is just using his wife for his own personal pleasure.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
jesusistruth wrote:
Yes birth control is a bad thing, period. It is immoral, and unethical. In the Catholic Church's opinion birth control is intrinsically evil, and I choose to align myself with the Church's views.

Not everybody is Catholic, and not everybody thinks birth control is evil either. But of course you are entitled to your own opinions.

Quote:

Yes a married couple can morally have sex and avoid having child morally, provided they feel they are doing God's will. This option is called Natural Family Planning, and it is just as effective as any form of birth control, but is actually a good thing rather than the immorality of birth control.

Natural Family Planning is definitely NOT as effective as any form of birth control. Many women have irregular cycles, and if a married couple already has children, and are not planning on (or can't afford) any more,then there is nothing wrong with preventing pregnancy through birth control.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
life1234 wrote:
If he goes as far as to cut off his body to ever being able ro reproduce again, then he is just using his wife for his own personal pleasure.

Ohhh, I better have a LONG talk with my father, then. Seems that after 35 years of marriage, he is still using my mother!

Sex is NOT just for reproducing, and goes much deeper then that. It's a form of love and commitment between two people. And if I'm not mistaken, pleasure goes both ways....
|

Active User, very eHealthy
it takes only one time to have sex to get pregnant. so your really just going to eye ball the question of is she fertile or isnt she and not use any protection??
look at the family The Duggers, dont think they eye balled if his wife was fertile or not and the now have 18kids.
i dont think that would work.

that is your catholic belief, but not everyone feels this way. so many people whine about teen pregnancies, but hey if your preaching this, dont complain if every teen acts out this way of 'birth control'.

if a family has 2 or 3 kids or more, and have been together for like ever, and are deeply in love with one another and dont want anymore kids they are entitled to do what they please with there bodies. be it getting a vescetomy or tubes tied..they have had the children they want, and now want to enjoy each other. it would not be using either spouse because clearly there going to talk about it first.

this natural family planning of knowing when your spouse is fertile sounds alot like the 'pull out method', not a very good one..
that may work for you, but it only takes once to get pregnant.
|
Users who thank ProudMommyof2008 for this post: lucy315 

Active User, very eHealthy
lol lucy you said exactally what i said!
|

User Profile
life1234 wrote:

Really? What if a man and his wife are done having kids, does that mean they shouldn't have sex anymore because of the risk of having another child? That's bs. Sex is not just for reproducing. If they agree to it, what's so wrong with getting one's tubes tied?

Edit: Sorry Lucy, didn't see that you pretty much already said this haha.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
jenniferxnicole wrote:

If they agree to it, what's so wrong with getting one's tubes tied?

Oh, didn't you know? Apparently, if a man or a woman has a surgical procedure to prevent pregnancy, then that person is "using" the other for pleasure. Rolling Eyes
|

User Profile
Oh that's right, I forgot that people who love each other aren't allowed to express that in a physical way. My bad. Rolling Eyes
|

I'm not saying that a husband and wife shouldn't have sex if they don't want kids, I'm saying that you should simply use natural family planning.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
life1234 wrote:
I'm not saying that a husband and wife shouldn't have sex if they don't want kids, I'm saying that you should simply use natural family planning.

Again, NFP is not a reliable form of birth control. If you and your wife/husband choose to use this form of birth control, that is wonderful. But it is not for everyone, and it is not your place to tell others that this is what they "should" do.
|
Quick Reply