Medical Questions > Nutrition > Weight Loss Forum

Why do I rarely ever feel hungry and feel very weak?

I've always been slightly underweight, but this past year I've been having issues with my appetite and sleeping habits. I'm very athletic and workout constantly, but recently I've been feeling very tired and weak all the time. I feel like I get hurt more easily now too for some reason. I've been trying to eat more, but every time I do eat something I only end up eating just a few bites and then I'm full. I do suffer from slight depression and anxiety. I sometimes have trouble falling/staying asleep. For example, I'll randomly wake up at 3 a.m and then will have trouble falling back asleep. My main issue though is my under eating. I'm starting to look bony and sick Sad I have no idea what to do. I'm eighteen years old, about 5'7", and weigh 120 lbs.
Oh, and I'm not sure if this helps or not, but I constantly feel cold (especially in my hands and feet, they always feel ice-cold) even when its 70 or 80 degrees out.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 30th, 2014
Thank you for asking!
You are almost cachexic as your BMi is 18.4. You need to put it up. Anorexia with psychiatric issues is a very common presentation. you need to consult a psychiatrist and let him sort out the issue for you. This eating disorder needs to be addressed with your full psychiatric evaluation before it eats you up and its too late.Seek help thats it.
Take care
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is metabolic syndrome and how is it characterized? Get started by learning more about metabolic or insulin resistance syndrome here....
Is insulin resistance related to metabolic syndrome? Does a poor diet cause metabolic syndrome? And are you at risk of developing this metabolic disorder?...
Does metabolic syndrome manifest any symptoms? Learn the characteristic signs and symptoms of metabolic problems, plus know when to seek medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Weight Loss , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.