Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

why do i fall asleep and wake right back up not breathing?

Hi i was wondering if anyone knows why when i go to fall asleep at night right when im dozing off i wake right back up like im not breathing and then i get a panick over me. This keeps happening every time i try to fall asleep after its happened the first time. And then i finally just end up passing out after a few hrs even though im so tired!! Its very scary but once i fall asleep finally i dont wake up like you do with sleep apnea si i dont feel.its that. Has anyone else experienced this and do you know what it is? Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 3rd, 2019
Sleep apnea is still the most likely cause with this history and should be looked for. Sleep studies should be done in consultation with your doctor and if confirmed then a CPAP device should be considered.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sleep Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.