Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

why do i cry so much and how do i stop?

User Profile
I wanted to know why i cry so much.

I cry when i feel any negative emotions and i hate it.
I can never keep myself from crying when it starts to come.
even when im alone and want to cry it happens.
When im angry, disappointed, mad, upset, bothered, sad, nervous.
mostly during bad situations with my dad and my fiance.
i want to say it's because i have repressed so many of my emotions during my life and that i have a lot of anxiety built up and during those moments is when i want to let it all out.
im not really sure.
i dont know if im depressed or not either.
my dad actually suffers from depression and takes medication for it.

why do i cry so much and how do i stop?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 9th, 2014
(online)
Depression Answer A47747
Thank you for asking!
Crying is good and help emotions but excess of everything is bad and it indicates the ultimate anxiety and depression and your family terms have a great role in it.Get some counseling and psychotherapy session.Try some rehabilitative and recreational therapies for the support. Get to a psychiatrist and let them help you.Meanwhile visit our anxiety and depression health centre for further guidance.
http://ehealthforum.com/healthcenter/depre ssion
http://ehealthforum.com/healthcenter/anxie ty
Take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.