i am so puzzuled that most of the time i get depressed but i do not know the reseaon. Even, now that means when i write this i know that as i have to read more because i wii take tourbo machinery exam the next day but i am not doing it. personally i am a person who likes both so calm and so fun maker depending upon the environment.i am 22 years old,grajuating mechanical engineering student. iam smart look ,thin and long.to recup with i urge you to help me that as how can i be far of this depression?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 23rd, 2009
Supporter
i've been batting depression for almost 18 years. my reason is i was physically and mentally abused by my dad.
i also got depressed a week before my menses evey month.
i sometimes think it's in my genes to feel this way b/c i had been for 1/2 my life.
stress can make you depressed.
i m thinking if you get depressed for no reason at all, that could be normal & it could be hormonal.
is mechanical engineering stressful for you?
what helped me out of depression is writing in a journal, talking to someone i know would understand, doing things i like and not staying in the house all the time, i seen a therapist and i've taken prozac before. the therapy helped a little. its nice to talk to someone about your problems.
|

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Its normal feeling. Depressive symptoms are considered significant only if they impair social and mental functions.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Tags: Depression
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.