My God people!!! you know you are talking about other people lifes in here!!! empathy to a women that wants to abort, what about empathy to that child that cannot defend himself?????
What about him or her life that is denied because of money or work or not changing your body estructure for 9 months...there seem to be ssooo many reasons that are beyond selfdefense! So for that matter, lets go kill all the children in Africa and India that are starving because they are a burden...or is it because you can look into their eyes and see them pleading for life that you can't suck their life out with a vacumm or pinch them so you will destroy their delicates bodies?? who cares they have their hole life ahead if they are already screwed? most likely in your first world country unlike mine, were much more abortions are made, your unwanted ones are much less likely to have that terrible life you are so willing to keep them from, cause that is another of the arguments, why have a child that will have a terrible life? Oh come on! how do u know for starter and second, killing before letting live will only bring more unreasonable wars to this country. Cause again, why hold pitty to somebody else that is standing right in front of you if you are unnable to have pitty for somebody who cant defend him or herself?
It like we stopped caring about life. We just stopped caring...why?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 22nd, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Elgalen, I made your post into a new topic because you tagged it on to the end of an old thread that was 9 pages long. I was concerned that people might not bother to read the thread and therefore miss your post.
|

Extremely eHealthy
So aborting someone for crimes against the English language is wrong? That's all I'm getting here.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
First off, child does not=fetus. Secondly, abortions are done for more than social/economic reasons. And to the women who don't EVER want children...are you suggesting that they NEVER have sex? Birth control fails, condoms fail, tubals fail...the only way they can truly protect themselves is abstaining. That is unfair to them? What about rape vicitms or victims of incest? Would you force them to carry a pregnancy? What about a mother who's life is endangered by her pregnancy? Force her to carry? How about the fetus with deformities incompatible with life? Force it to be carried only to die moments after birth, thus causing more emotional heartbreak? Oh, and any child that is UNWANTED, and KNOWS it...that child is going to HAVE a terrible, miserable life, knowing he/she was a mistake...there is no first or third world country view on that. Abortion can be considered evil...but really sometimes it is the lesser of evils. If I had been told that I was a mistake all my life, that I shouldn't be here, I would probably wish myself aborted. And if I had been aborted, I wouldn't know the difference.
|

replied February 7th, 2009
Active User, very eHealthy
*Yawn* Another hit and run anti-choicer who doesn't have the stones to stick around and debate their viewpoints. Get a hobby, will ya?
|

replied January 17th, 2013
whatever your reason is for having an abortion it's just morally wrong.
|

replied February 12th, 2013
what morally wrong would be not having a choice knowing this pregnancy, which was "prevented" in every possible way, would kill me and the unborn child leaving us both dead and my three children motherless.
|

replied January 19th, 2013
Extremely eHealthy
Oh well, that's that then! What an excellent debating point that was Barbara! Such a clever girl! And so articulate and incisive! I'm convinced.

No, hang on a second. I had you confused with someone with a brain!
|

Extremely eHealthy
BarbaraARoudebush wrote:
whatever your reason is for having an abortion it's just morally wrong.

Morals are subjective. What you may feel goes against your morals, another does not.

Personally, I find it morally wrong that people claim to know better than women who are deciding to abort - why is your perceived view that 'life is special' more important than the women choosing abortion? It isn't.
|

I'm god fearing so any form of abortion for me is wrong, there's plenty of ways to have safe sex why not use and if you do get pregnant why kill it? even an unborn child should have the right to live
|

replied January 21st, 2013
Active User, very eHealthy
Not everyone believes their god feels abortion is wrong. There are many pro choice Christians and Jews.
|
Users who thank msrosie for this post: Moo 

Your God allows the abortion clinics to exsist, along with all the children who were carried to term and are now being beaten, starved and neglected. and in his book uses children as a test of faith so I wouldnt fear Gods judgement on this one too much hon. Do i have a right to live? I did what i was supposed to to not get pregnant but it doesnt always work. if i carry out this pregnancy it kills both me and the fetus. Wheres God in this one? cruel joke if you ask me.
|

replied January 20th, 2013
Extremely eHealthy
cgriffin77 wrote:
I'm god fearing so any form of abortion for me is wrong, there's plenty of ways to have safe sex why not use and if you do get pregnant why kill it? even an unborn child should have the right to live

I don't believe in your god, or anyone else's. (We are all atheists -- I just believe in one less god than you do!). Interesting that you fear your god -- sounds like a real worthwhile one, whichever it is! Mean SOB, is he?

At any rate, whoever this god that you so fear is, what does that have to do with some woman you don't know having an abortion?

Why should an accidental, unwanted smudge have a right to live? Why should a thinking, feeling woman not have the right to remove it from her uterus?

Please do explain your logic.
|

replied January 25th, 2013
Extremely eHealthy
cgriffin77 wrote:

Don't have an abortion then.

Personally, I don't believe that believing in God means you automatically don't believe in abortion. I go to church, have been brought up catholic, and will always support a woman's right to choose abortion. I know many people who are the same.

Birth control fails. If you are not in a position to have a child/don't want a child, why continue it? A foetus does not have a right to life. End of story Smile
|

what morally wrong would be not having a choice knowing this pregnancy, which was "prevented" in every possible way, would kill me and the unborn child leaving us both dead and my three children motherless.
|

replied May 17th, 2013
I think we all have to read the oath of Hippocrates

To be a doctor you need to swear on that oath which says:

II will follow that system of regimen which, according to my ability and judgment, I consider for the benefit of my patients, and abstain from whatever is deleterious and mischievous. I will give no deadly medicine to any one if asked, nor suggest any such counsel; and in like manner I will not give to a woman a pessary to produce abortion. With purity and with holiness I will pass my life and practice my Art. I will not cut persons laboring under the stone, but will leave this to be done by men who are practitioners of this work

So a doctor practising an abortion lied under oath. Catherine
|