Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

White pimples on vulva

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
Is it possible to have white-head pimples on the vulva around the clitoris and urethra? I get small (about 1mm) white bumps on my vulva that do not hurt unless pressure is applies to them and if they happen to pop open they pus like a regular pimple. Then they go away without any other irritation. Or are they likely something else?

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DoctorQuestion

User Profile
replied November 10th, 2009
Sexual Health - Women Answer A7872
Hi, and thanks for your medical question on eHealth's Ask a Doctor forum.

The white-head pimples on the vulva around the clitoris and urethra are probably genital warts which is a STD. If you have a history of unprotected sex or a leaking condom then this is the possible cause. The other STDs which should also be thought of are chancroid, syphilis, molluscum contagiosum, and venereal warts.

The other possibilities are allergy to something that came in contact with this area like soap, power, undergarments etc. It can also be a vaginal fungal infection, which does not itch initially. Simple bacterial infection, atopic dermatitis and some forms of eczema too can cause these symptoms.

It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining the lesions. Discuss these possibilities with your gynecologist. Hope this helps. Take care!

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.