Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

white pimple like bumps ?

Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
User Profile
hi i am an 18 year old male and have come across a scary event i am sexy active but have been with the same girl for almost 6 months. One day i shaved my pubic area and seen 3 white pimp like bumps as the days went on i noticed more and more of them after 2 weeks i noticed very small pimp like bumps on the tip of my penis they are not itchy do not hurt and i am very scared and would like help immediately i am unable to see a doctor because i am in the middle of changing primary doctors and have to wait for 18 more days and i am very scared so please respond thank you

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied July 2nd, 2011
Herpes and Genital Warts Answer A24598

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out. Your concern is regarding the lumps that you have on your pubic area and penis. It is difficult to give a precise diagnosis but the various possibilities for your symptoms are folliculitis, molluscum contagiosum or warts (caused by HPV infection) .

Warts are tumors or growths of the skin caused by infection with Human Papillomavirus (HPV).They are contagious when in contact with the skin of an infected person. Molluscum is also a highly contagious disease which may spread by touching the active lesions. You should consult a dermatologist and get a physical examination done. Once the diagnosis is made, treatment can be planned. till then apply warm compresses and topical antibiotic creams like Neosporin on the bumps.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.