Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

white discharge with white clumps ?

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
I have a white discharge with white clumps when I wipe. I also see brown spots like dirt when I wipe as well. The discharge doesn't have an odor, doesn't, itch, or burn. This just started a couple of days before my period which it has not come on yet. What is really going on, am I okay, and should I be worried?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 23rd, 2012
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A33104
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The altered vaginal discharge could suggest possibility of infective causes, and the brown discharge could suggest impending onset of periods or chances of infections. Do not ignore your symptoms. Go ahead with visiting your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for examination and vaginal swab/smear test done on the discharge to help identify causative agent and get started on appropriate treatment (based on examination findings and investigations results) to help you control the symptoms. Avoid vaginal douching, or use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid use of tight fitting clothes. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle. If infective cause is detected, and if you are sexually active, get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection, and avoid having intercourse while being on treatment.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.