Medical Questions > Relationships > Broken Hearted Forum

While I like being friends... something doesn't feel right.

Alright I've never posted anything about this before so here goes nothing... I've been hanging around with this girl for a year now, and we've been pretty good friends for a while. So anyhow, I asked her out to dinner around new years eve after I told her how much I liked her. So we had dinner and for months I thought we've been going out or at least going incredibly steady, having fun and on top of that getting to know one another. Months later (Cut to late may) I decided to tell her how I feel after she was done with her finals. So cut to that Saturday evening, I cooked dinner for her and unfortunately, she didn't even show up for it. I was in depression for a few weeks until she finally got back to me, giving me a bogus reason. So I called out her supposed BS, which it actually turns out that she was having trouble with the family... So I felt bad for what I said and I went over and talked to her. Then after a few topic changes, I finally told her how I felt, and she just told me that she likes me as a friend. Even though I was pretty clear when I asked her out on a date. And I even told her that I thought we were more than that, but she saying that she thought the dinner was just for fun. Honestly, I don't understand what she meant by that, but at the time I tried not to think much of it. So we're still friends, been hanging out quite a bit more now, going out to karaoke and such with some of my friends. And recently we've been a bit more friendly with each other, and she didn't seemed to bothered when I had my arm around her and I kissed her on the cheek... Though it might've been the fact that we were pretty buzzed that night. But last night (August 4th depending on when you're reading this) I've noticed that she was talking to one of my friends (if that makes any sense), and I thought I overheard her say "it's nice for someone to be romantic..." then it kinda faded out after that (considering the noise) and I've noticed that they both looked at me for a small second after she was done talking. I'm not sure why it's bothering me now, I kinda feel like there's some doors that need to be opened or something. I'm kind of back to where I started a month or two ago because now I feel like she's hiding the real reason. It's like what the heck happened to being honest? Though I could be looking into it too much.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 11th, 2012
Situation has been resolved.
|
Did you find this post helpful?