Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

Which is the best way to quit alcohol, drugs?

Hello can anyone suggest me the best ways which can prove as a boon for the addicted people.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper alyanarehabkolkata
|

replied February 8th, 2019
Yes, i can suggest you the best centre. Alyana, is the leading rehabilitation centre in Kolkata, which has changes the lives of various addicted people.
|

User Profile
replied February 14th, 2019
Quitting isn’t even the hardest part. It isn’t even what happens to you when you quit. The hardest part of the journey to sobriety is attempting sobriety in the first place. Still, people can and do recover from alcoholism, perhaps more often than you may think.
|

User Profile
replied April 11th, 2019
I was a drunk for 30 years. I've been in recovery for 10 years. I've been a Substance Abuse Counselor for 10 years.

Deciding to quit is easy. Quitting is easy. The hardest part is when you realize how easy it is to quit, not relapsing.

This is just from my experience and the 300+ guys I've helped. YMMV.
|

User Profile
replied February 27th, 2019
Experienced User
Most people in Pakistan, and this includes doctors, believe that using or abusing a substance is a choice and it is within your control.
|

User Profile
replied April 11th, 2019
Really? It's a choice? Who would choose to be an alcoholic? Who would choose to lose their families? Their careers? Their lives? Who would choose to live in the streets? Who would choose to become slaves?
|

User Profile
replied February 27th, 2019
Experienced User
Most people in Pakistan, and this includes doctors, believe that using or abusing a substance is a choice and it is within your control.
|

User Profile
replied March 13th, 2019
Experienced User
I think the best way to quit alcohol drugs to reduce the quantity of alcohol drugs slowly and regularly basis if your taking 5 alcohol drugs take 4 in the next then 3 then 2 and so on...
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....