Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > Polls and Surveys Forum

Which do you think is more effective for headaches? (Page 1)

Which do you think is more effective for headaches?
Prescription drugs
Herbal remedies
over the counter pain relievers
A combination
25%  25%  [ 4 ]
0%  0%  [ 0 ]
56%  56%  [ 9 ]
18%  18%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 16
User Profile
Which do you think is more effective for headaches?
Prescription drugs
Herbal remedies
over the counter pain relievers
A combination
other
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 4th, 2008
Experienced User
200 mg of Ibuprofen knocks out a headache for me.

But I think lifestyle change is most important to prevent headaches.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I've never taken a prescription drug for a headache. If I don't have IBuprofen, I usually just have a cup of hot tea, which helps a little, but not completely. So OTC definitely works for me!
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
yeah,i like a cup o tea myself....
|

User Profile
replied September 5th, 2008
Community Volunteer
If I could I would just go to a masseuse or chiro any time I had a problem lol.
|

Amen to that! peace
|

This is HOMER...otherwise known as Guest...teee heee.... peeking hides
|
Users who thank Anonymous for this post: Fairy Godmother 

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
First thing I try for is a nap.

If I'm somewhere where I can't sleep then I take IBuprofen and drink a lot of water.
|

User Profile
replied September 10th, 2008
Supporter
Too many NSAIDS have caused gastro problems for me.....Daily headaches require daily meds...........I have them undercontrol now, thanks to a daily presc, med........nortriptyline. For bad headaches I have to take presc. Nothing else will touch it!
|

User Profile
replied September 13th, 2008
I just take Excedrin. Smile
|

User Profile
replied September 15th, 2008
Community Volunteer
Fairy*Godmother wrote:
For bad headaches I have to take presc. Nothing else will touch it!
me 2
|

User Profile
replied September 15th, 2008
Community Volunteer
What about head-on? I use that too sometimes.
|

replied September 22nd, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
I take naps, and if I don't have that option, I take acetaminophen. I can't take anything else because of my kidneys, unfortunately.
|

replied October 7th, 2008
I hate Acetaminophen. gives me a stomach ache, and isn't powerful enough. a mg or 2 of codeine would work perfect, but it's ashame the USA doesn't have any otc codeine, so I guess that would fall into perscription drugs.
|

replied October 7th, 2008
I hate Acetaminophen. gives me a stomach ache, and isn't powerful enough. a little bit of codeine would work perfect, but it's ashame the USA doesn't have any otc codeine, so I guess that would fall into perscription drugs.
|

User Profile
replied May 18th, 2009
Experienced User
Acetaminophen Vs Paracetamol
A 500 mg Acetaminophen (known as "paracetamol" outside North America) works great for me and makes feel like being in heaven at most times! Razz
|

User Profile
replied May 18th, 2009
Experienced User
My drug of choice!
natural salt, water & a detox program fixes it every time!(in the right quantities & ratio).
|

User Profile
replied May 23rd, 2009
Experienced User
Right Quantity
I have never tried that. Do you have any idea how that works? If it does, what's the right ratio? What is detox program?
|

User Profile
replied May 23rd, 2009
Experienced User
re right quantity
Yes, the salt & water allows our bodies to hydrate & gain all the minerals as well as alkalize our systems, This also forms a part of the detox which is just learning to cleanse our bodies internally. I used to use heavy over the counter pain killers untill i found they were not helping me regain good health status, i went off them cold turkey & caffeine & anything that was toxic to my body & since then i have learnt to listen to the symptoms in my body & treat it accordingly , Since then (1995) i have never had pain killers & never will. God made us with a warning system & part of that system is pain awareness, its not meant to be swept under the carpet! It's meant to be dealt with as a warning.Info that i post should lead people to finding all about these things but it has to be researched by ones self, that is the best way to learn it. I am able to help those who have questions by messages but i cant give it out on a silver platter, there is way too much to learn!
|

replied May 21st, 2011
I normally use drug for this
|
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....