Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

whether i am cured of herpes or not as no symptoms after

I have got a rash in my back few years back and doctor told me it was herpes. its around more than three to four years After medication Nothing happened since then. Is this a effect of masturbation? I have searched about herpes and i am worried now.. is this normal. whether i am cured of herpes or not as no symptoms after that i have noticed. Any precautions should i take? I am unmarried female. kindly advise
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 26th, 2013
Community Volunteer
As far as I know, you cannot be cured from herpes. At most it can be controlled to minimize or prevent outbreaks. The virus will always be in your system. You will typically get an outbreak when your immune system is down, like when you are stressed.

There are many different types of herpes. Genital herpes is just one tuype. For example, cold sores are the herpes virus.

Masturbation does not cause herpes, nor does it cure it.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....