Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

Where do I start and the Bipolar begins ??

Any thoughts on the situation? I mean do any of you actually know if you are really you or if it is part of the bipolar? I know these are hard questions, I can't even answer them.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 13th, 2009
where do I start...
I think I know exactly what you are asking. I am also bipolar, and I used to get a lot of creative energy before I was medicated. Now I am medicated on Lithium, Abilify, & Lexapro. The ONLY difference now that my bipolar is essentially 'removed' from my life, is this:
1. I have less energy, creative or not.
2. When in a creative energy mood, I am now operating in a sane, safe, healthy way of energy... as oppossed to before medication when I was literally insane with full blown mania.
3. I also no longer get horribly depressed and/or suicidal.
4. I can still do paintings, art, crafts, ceramics, etc.... but just in a better way now that seems more productive and functional.
Hope this helps.... karen
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...