Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Where did auntie red go?

I've been on time and experienced regularity for the longest time ever, until now. Around November I hit the 24th on the dot, again in December, January and February, always on the dot. I swear I could set an alarm and it'd be there, lol. Anyway, I was sick for 4 weeks last month but it didn't keep Auntie Red waiting, she came as expected.

However, it's now 5 days later and there's no sign of her. No pre-symptoms and no spotting or changes down there. So I'm asking, where the heck did she go? It bothers me a lot because I usually keep myself prepared and such, y'know? Busy busy, gotta clear the schedule and do rain checks.

I've not been stressed or ill or anything, I feel as energetic and happy as ever. My meals are the same, everything is just normal but she's just vanished.

However, there's been some unrelated symptoms regarding wound healing. At the beginning of this month I got a small scratch on the side of my hip, now I know that area is tender flesh but it's not healing at all. It's just scabbed over and it's been staying like that. Usually it takes 2-3 days for my wounds to heal, it's just a mere surface scratch, like from an aggressive cat.

Another incident as when I got my little finger caught in the door. It's not healing either, it's as fresh as if it happened just a few hours ago.

Weird huh?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 1st, 2015
Hi,

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out.

If you didn't have any vaginal intercourse then it is unlikely that delayed periods is due to pregnancy.

Aside from pregnancy there can be many reasons for delayed periods.

It can be due to hormonal imbalance,increased stress,eating disorder,increased smoking,alcohol or caffeine use or medical conditions like PCOS,fibroid,polyps and endometriosis.

Get an evaluation done from a gynecologist for these conditions to confirm the diagnosis.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and regards.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.