Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

where can I go to get help on this problem?

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
User Profile
I want to have a child but its hard and I`m not using any contraception can you please tell me what can I use or where can I go to get help on this problem

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 24th, 2011
Menstruation Answer A24418
Welcome to ehealthforum,
A successful pregnancy depends on number of factors. You should consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist for getting a complete infertility work-up done for you and your partner to see if there are any underlying causes for the infertility/inability to conceive. Hormonal issues, problems with ovary and ovulation (egg release from ovary), uterine problems, cervical or vaginal infections should be ruled out for you. For your partner, semen analysis should be done to rule out infections and to confirm the quality and quantity of sperms produced. Treatment as needed (based on examination and investigations results) would be done to help you get pregnant. For a regular menstrual cycle of 28 days, fertile days would lie between day 8-16 of the cycle taking day 1 as first day of bleeding. Combine checking cervical mucus changes and the BBT (basal body temperature) charting to predict your ovulation and time your intercourse for having fruitful results. Maintain diet rich in foods containing zinc for better maturation of egg and sperms.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Getting Pregnant , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.