Medical Questions > Debate Forums > General Debate Forum

When you are dead, You are dead.

Not just a belief, it's the truth.

You are not going to become a ghost, or go to heaven or hell, you will return to from whence you came. Nothing.

I've seen spirits though, even ones that would appear to be human, but they aren't are they. And I think that we should all know that they aren't.

Perhaps something goes on after you pass, something that you are a part of right now at this moment, but it isn't your consciousness or who you are, your desires, your emotions, the best way(and it doesn't sound like it) to describe it is that it's just some stuff.

You are just a body, and that goes away.

Debate about it if you'd like.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 17th, 2011
Supporter
I don't really see this as something to debate. Afterall, there's no way to prove or disprove the existance of another life/ consciousness/ reality after death. It simply seems like a personal belief or opinion to me. And you know what they say about opinions. They are like a**holes: everybody has one.
I am curious as to why others expect those who believe in something after death to defend their belief. Agree with me, don't agree with me. It doesn't really matter to me. I always tell people this: suppose I am wrong and there is no heaven, hell, nothing after death. What is the harm in believing in something bigger than myself? In believing I am not alone in this world? In believing that some kind of afterlife exists after death? Once I die, I won't know the difference anyway. Other than the thought of meeting loved ones again and seeing God face to face, I have no particular desire to see the "streets of gold" and live in a "mansion"- as is stated in the Bible. So the thought of death and nothing more does not bother me. But the belief in something after death makes losing a loved one easier. And it offers the possibility that an ideal, utopian, painless, immortal realm exists.
(Don't mean to drag religion into this but- because most belief in an afterlife is tied to some kind of religious belief- it is pretty much impossible to debate one issue without the other.)
|

replied January 20th, 2011
Active User, very eHealthy
Thats pretty funny, a belief in the after life is for instance a christian belief, they walk around with the bible, the bible says there is no afterlife.

What up wit dat?
|

User Profile
replied January 20th, 2011
Community Volunteer
I am not religious, however I am spiritual. As far as an afterlife, I don't know. I do know, from my own personal experiences, that a person (or at least the energy of that person) can remain on earth, kind of like an imprint. Some would call them ghosts. I have witnessed far too many strange things in my life to discount the possibility of ghosts OR an afterlife.

I have seen spirits that I KNOW are human and I have seen other apparitions that I am unsure about.

I told my children when the subject of death was introduced (their baby brother passed away due to complications of his prematurity) that I believe when people die, they get to decide where they would like their energy (or soul, whichever you would like to call it) to go. Be it remaining on earth or in "heaven" or somewhere else in this universe.
|

User Profile
replied January 21st, 2011
Supporter
woops wrote:
Thats pretty funny, a belief in the after life is for instance a christian belief, they walk around with the bible, the bible says there is no afterlife.

What up wit dat?

Either you are being deliberately obtuse or you are seriously confused. The Bible reads:
1 Thessalonians 4:16
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.
1 Thessalonians 4:17
After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.
You can debate about the merits of religion, Christianity in particular, but I cannot fathom how you can argue that the Bible does not mention heaven or an afterlife. Do you want to start a real debate or just refute people for the heck of it?
|

replied January 22nd, 2011
that must be talking about the future or something, because it also says that dead people are dead, unconsious, they know nothing, are nothing, returned to dust. And in even that first verse you gave, it says the dead in christ, not anything else. That hasn't happened yet, if it's going to happen at all.

I can agree with mother of high spirited ones in a way, if something continues after we go to sleep, it would be an imprint or something like that, not really a conscious person. Which the bible also talks about, and christians don't. That something as our imprint goes on.

I have seen what is considered ghosts before as well, among other things, if those were people, it's just that, they were people, they might not be people at all though. You really have to watch that ya know.

The point is, when you are dead, you are dead, and know nothing, an unconsious thing.
|

User Profile
replied January 22nd, 2011
Supporter
Stick a fork in me, I am done. You are using circular reasoning which allows for nothing that makes sense. This is what I have interpreted your posts to mean: you believe there is no heaven or afterlife mentioned in the Bible AND there is an afterlife/ heaven mentioned in the Bible but it only occurs in the future (and since it occurs in the future and has not yet occured, even the concept of it does not exist and it might not even happen.)
A logical debate is one thing. Reasoning with the unreasonable is another. Have at it with someone else.
|

replied January 23rd, 2011
No. That isn't what Im saying.

I'm saying that according to the bible, and common sense, when you are dead you are dead, asleep, nada.

I do also think that there is some possibility that we could live again though.

And according to the bible, you are dead, asleep, nothing, and that's everybody but the big j c, and then people are resurrected, where? Here on earth of course. and then some other stuff happens, and everything is made new, and it's just alright. but there is no mention of a place you go called heaven when you die, according to the bible.

It does mention the heavens, or heaven, but you can already see that, just look up, you can't see what's there though, not normally anyway.

And here is what I gather from your posts, you don't know what the bible says, what death means, or what heaven is.
|

replied January 9th, 2012
Science for the most part will not get funding for the realm of the 6th senses or life after death. Because there is a posibility of a Higher Being.

So we look at Quantum Physics. The theory is there is mulitple dimensions.

We also know, we are made of energy, energy never dies, it transform into another matter.

Who's to say, that when we die, our energy does not transforms into a different state that dwells in another dimension.

Many people, have seen spirits/ghosts, has captured them on film and have recorded their voices, voices that interact with the conversations being talked about.

To say all these people are out of their mind, have no creditability is an insult. President Abraham Lincoln for one example experienced spirits/ghosts and other psychic abilities.

You claimed you saw spirits? I would like to know exactly what you saw, the description and what act the spirit you saw performed.
|

replied January 9th, 2012
Also, life after death is just not a Christian belief. Native Americans, Egyptians and most cultures believe in life after death. You really need to study more on a topic before posting. In this day and age of computers and knowledge,all the information is out there.
|

replied January 10th, 2012
I don't think that I do need to study what a bunch of murdering slave drivers believed in actually.

And don't get me started on the natives, what a people they were, firm believers in dying and killing naturally, a great philosophy that one is, I must say I wouldn't want my child to live that way if I had a choice, but if I would've said that back then they probably would have killed me. Not to mention they should've listened to their own beliefs, coyote ain't no joke.
|

replied January 23rd, 2012
Wasn't lincoln's wife a "schizophrenic" or something, who knows what they called it back then. What a funny coincidence that is.

The energy may go on, but our energy is a combination of things and these things break apart, it's so easy to see. My consciousness will end, who knows though if I will awake someday, i hope.

Funny knowing about this, no one seems to anymore, Im starting to see why also, as I said in an earlier post, coyote ain't no joke, what a tricky fella.
|

replied January 24th, 2012
beliefs
Personally i have found that it is so easy to disagree or to doubt what we don't understand and what we want to believe or believe is true or false.Some people say there is no God,some people say there is no heaven and some people say there is no after life while others believe there are and that these things do exist,But who really knows..Some people say what they have seen while others label them as being crazy..All of this is just a matter of beliefs and it is not a right or wrong thing because noone alive has witnessed the other side and the dead can no longer sit down and tell what is true about death..Some people have told stories of how they had near death experiences and have basically said the same things while others have said it was the drugs or that they were crazy....But with all of this said there is no man on the face of this earth not even scientists that can explain the works of God.And even as i have just stated,there are some that laugh at what i just said because there are a tremendous amount of people that do not believe in God and believe that it is just a system of belief and none of this is real...But this is my belief.....I know that there is a such thing of a spiritual after life and it takes place seconds after the spirit leaves out of the physical body...How do i know? because i too had an outer body experience and i was not high on drugs or hallucinating and this i know...I was taken out of my body and taken up to the ceiling by what i saw were angels.One of the angels looked like a midget while the other two were about 6ft or better.I was staring at them while they repeatedly went in a circle and the little angel was the angel that stayed with me.I heard the doctor say that he was done and the little angel brought me back down and put me back into my body and i started asking everyone do they see them and the nurses and the doctor said see what and i shouted the angels and i asked them again do you see them and all they did was smile.Let me say that i never believed in angels until then.There was another time when i saw something that appeared to look like another midget,but this time something was wrong with this one..It is almost like his face took on many looks and it had two sharp teeth and it made a snorkling noise and i will remember jumping up and turning on my bedroom light..I fell asleep and i swear this thing,whatever it was was bothering me in my dream and i woke up and couldn't go back to sleep.This little midget or whatever it was would laugh and then look mean and scary.to this day i still don't know what that was or what that was all about.There was another time i was sleeping and in my sleep i saw a body and when i looked down my fit were lifting off of the floor and when i looked up at the body what i saw was two arms spreaded out in the form of a cross and i looked at the hands and i saw blue sparks coming from each hand..i started floating downward and i saw the feet and there were blue sparks coming from them also..As i floated back up the body instantly turned into a man and i still remember his features.He had a narrow jaw line,high cheekbones,a broad wide nose,reddish brown eyes with long eyelashes and his skin was the exact color of sand.His hair was like a reddish brown and his lips were somewhat dark and medium and he talked to me..I will never forget what he said.He told me that he could only do what the father allowed and that he could do no more and not once did i see his lips move but he spoke to me.And after he spoke to me he made a sudden turn to my left side and his body just turned into a mist and the direction to where he left when i looked up the skies were dark and there were stars in the sky..I will never ever forget this either.And there was another time when i were asleep some lady with a long black dress on through a star at me and when she released it she said the word pentacle or something like that and it hit me in the head and i jumped up out of my sleep.I have also had lion dreams that were stuck in holes in the ground and they could not climb out and they had evil looking faces.I saw a spirit once and another time a tall black shadow.....So my reason for sharing this even though i will not be believed by some and maybe called crazy by all...but my reason for sharing this is to let you no that there is something much greater on the other side of this physical that cannot be explained and people can doubt and throw stones and even recite every scripture in the bible but remember jesus rose from the dead...think about how we arrived here...Think about how our anatomy works,think about all the miracles that happen everyday,noone can or will ever be able to explain this life ,this world,and all of the things that have passed and are to come....It's God and only God as the answers and the reasons to why,what what is or is not.Our job is to have faith in now.Our job is to treat everybody according to how God treats us..with love and to never doubt what is unknown to man made from God...As those things which are simple and believable from man...Then those things which are mysterious and unexplainable from the being and most high that of which we were created from should and without a doubt be believable to.God speaks of the things that come from me are peculiar and cannot be explained nor imitated because the father,the creator and the one that created the heavens and the earth,darkness and light,water and air,trees and oxygen,life and death....God.......And yet you are still entitled to what you believe but in the end it doesn't matter cause only God knows.
|

replied January 25th, 2012
scriptures say you die and are unconscious, until arosen from death, resurrected so to speak.

However, just look at our bodies, it's obvious. It's easy to understand, we die.

And when people have near death experiences you get dosed with dmt from your pineal gland, and undergo a natural shamanic experiences, Im not saying that you were hallucinating, but dmt is considered a hallucinogen. It has been used for a long time now for certain things, check out dmt and shamanism, it may interest you.
|

replied January 25th, 2012
scriptures say you die and are unconscious, until arosen from death, resurrected so to speak.

However, just look at our bodies, it's obvious. It's easy to understand, we die.

And when people have near death experiences you get dosed with dmt from your pineal gland, and undergo a natural shamanic experiences, Im not saying that you were hallucinating, but dmt is considered a hallucinogen. It has been used for a long time now for certain things, check out dmt and shamanism, it may interest you.
|

replied February 12th, 2012
What's the HARM in believing there is higher power? Believing stops critical thinking. Believing leads to the rejection of facts when facts can come to bare on an issue (ex: the Earth revolves around the Sun).

Beliefs being a source of comfort is a weak reason to persist with them. It may be fine for young children to help cope with a trauma (Ex: Grandma's in a better place now), but people need to grow up. It's probably better not to start the lie in the first place. Look at all the angst many young children have when confronted with the real Santa story.

Beliefs cause people to behave completely irrationally and then rationalize their behavior as stemming from the fiction they believe in, or condemning others who use their brains and don't simply accept the invention being followed.
|

replied March 12th, 2012
Oh no, not santa again.

If you do your research, santa, or the origin of this tale, was very real.

It comes from shamanism, they used to go out and return in the chimney, and then there is the very colors where this tale origiates, nothing but a red and white mushroom.

Look into, it's true.

In simpler terms, santa was a mushroom.
|

User Profile
replied March 16th, 2012
Bible says that after one person die , his or her soul go at the house of god . There god with jezus and with all of paradise's angels judge this person for what he have done all of his or her life . If he have been a good person , who have beloved in god , have loved , respected, helped other , have not killed or lied or stealed , specially have heard the word of god , god decide that he should stay in his house , because he have heard and believed in him , but that people who haven't believed at him and have been a bad person , will not stay in god's house which is paradise but will go in hell ... This is what bible says about life after death ...
|

replied March 19th, 2012
Life after death, that doesn't make sense.

Death means death, not life.

You'd be saying life after life, not death.

Not to say though that if we were created that it couldn't happen again, who knows really. There would have to be a record of us though. And that would have to be able to be given to a new body.

And by the way, the bible states that none of us are good, ever, and that we didn't even have the option, ever. we're just bad, gonna be a bumpy ride.
|

replied January 17th, 2013
oopsagain wrote:
Life after death, that doesn't make sense.
very true unless of course there a dead guy somewhere who can tell his stories about life after death Very Happy
|
Quick Reply