Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

when it comes time to eat i feel like im going to gag?

User Profile
im not sure if i have an eating disorder or not, its not that i do not eat at all becasue i do but 90% of the time when i make food i will be so hungry and than when it comes time to eat i feel like im going to gag and throw up, so i only end up eating just a little bit, just recently i have been having these spells where as soon as i wake up in the morning i gag (im not pregnant i was in the er) but this happens almost every morning till i am dry heaving and it was so bad a while ago that i had horrible chest pains and was throwing up yellow acid and some weird green stuff and i am unsure of what to do bc i do not have health insurance but i feel like something may be wrong and i just cant bring myself to being okay with eating food, its like a constant battle, and i do not have support at home they think i just do it for fun but i dont so please, any words of advice? im not sure where to go from here..

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 20th, 2011
Eating Disorders Answer A25251
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

Your symptoms could be suggestive of Gastritis or Gall Bladder disorder.Nausea sensation with throwing of acid once,heaviness,not able to eat seems that might be you are suffering from gastritis.
Some suggestions for you:
1)Take OTC available Tums empty stomach twice a day for a week and observe for changes.
2)Have small frequent meals in a day and avoid fat,processed food intake.
3)Drink lots of water.
4)Restrict smoking and alcohol.
5)Avoid stress and have proper sleep.
If the symptoms do not subside and there is no change even after a week consider visiting a Physician for physical examination and request for USG scan which will help in ruling out any Gall Bladder/Pancreas disorder.

Take Care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Eating Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.