Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > Recovery & Post-Op Forum

when i try to stand it feels like a muscle is being strained

User Profile
i recently had a laparoscopic surgery on my right inguinal hernia. THe following day when i tried to stand it felt like a muscle is being strained on top of my stitches and you could also feel it.

Please help.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 18th, 2012
Hernia Answer A41056
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum and thanks for writing

It is common to have pain, burning sensation and discomfort during defecation and passing urine for 4 to 8 weeks after hernia surgery which resolves gradually with time. You have not mentioned that when was the surgery performed.

If it has been quite a long time and muscle straining is present then it requires a clinical evaluation of the incision site and surrounding areas. Some patients may present with allergic reaction to the mesh if it has been used. Infection, inflammation is also common after this so a physical examination is must for precise diagnosis. If the symptoms are persistent kindly visit the treating Surgeon for evaluation.

Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Recovery & Post-Op , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.