Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

when I have ejaculated, I have a burning sensation

User Profile
I do not ejaculate very often, and I do not masturbate, but when I have ejaculated, I have a burning sensation during the orgasm, during the contractions of ejaculation, and it stops as soon as the contractions stop. This burning, which is a strong sensation, is experienced at the head of my penis, and some in the shaft and internally. I have experienced this burning with all orgasms that I have had in the past 3 years. I also have the herpes simplex virus. Do I have urethral distress? I have no pain at any other time, only during the orgasm. My discharge appears to be normal colored, and I have no swelling, spots, bumps, or other conditions on the surface of the penis itself. Herpes outbreaks have been minimal, and seem to be controlled by the use of L-lysine and the medication Acyclovir. I don't have pain with erections at any time, only during the orgasm process itself.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 29th, 2016
Mens Conditions Answer A58983
Since your pain in the penile head occurs everytime you have a orgasm, and does not affect any other function, Your pain is mostly likely neuropathic. The cause can be inflamamtion associated with the herpetic infection.

Prostatic inflammation also needs to be ruled out.

Consult a urologist for a proper examination and proper opinion.

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Mens Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.