hello

I would like to know which days a patient with common cold can transmit the virus to others and when is the pick of the transmission possibility

thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 11th, 2008
Community Volunteer
I don't know, maybe it depends on the person and the virus involved. But I think you can catch a virus from a person not even showing the symptoms....so a few days I think. I seem to remember my biology teacher telling me that. You only have symptoms because the body has already started bringing up the different defenses and the virus has been starting to do damage.

I know it's not a common cold virus, but I know that for the AIDS virus, a person can be the most contagious when they have it the first 6 months and may not even know they have it.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
The common cold is probably the most well known illness known to man. But did you know that it's a virus? Read to learn the basics about cold here....
How do you get a cold? And what causes the cold? Learn more about causes of the cold, and risk factors that you can avoid to prevent this illness....
You probably know many of the symptoms of a cold: sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Do you know the difference between the flu vs. a cold?...