Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

whats wrong with me..am I crazy

I am an alcoholic and have been sober for 5 weeks after the first week of sobriety I heard voices at first I did not understand them and then I recognized them.. my mother and grand mother started talking to me they are telling me its time to take my revenge.. I can't sleep because my mother beats me and screams at me all night... I need help.. I can't work and I want to drink it stops/quiets the screaming is thery help can they be stopped they are real not demons and god talking to me as some people say if demons or god were in my head I would be jusy as crazy/sick I'm thinking of backer acting myself before I hurt someone or myself I just don't want to be a ward of the state forever? what shoiuld I do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 14th, 2011
Experienced User
Hearing things is not okay. In any situation. It could be that you were drinking for so long and so much, that you were numbing your thought process, and you actually had a disorder behind it.It could be you have some form of schizophrenia. I am happy you are sober and you should work to stay that way. Don't drink, it will only cover up the disorder and make it go away temporarily, but it doesn't make it disappear. Get checked out by a doctor right away and try some medications. Best of luck and stay healthy.
Lylan
|

replied September 17th, 2011
Active User, very eHealthy
Have you ever seen poltergeist?

It's very easy for a drunk to be persuaded.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....