Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Yeast Infection Forum

what would be advised to do about yeast infection?

User Profile
I noticed that I have small red spots, as though bloodshot, under my foreskin. I have not had sex for 3 weeks and when I do I wear a condom. I also know for a fact that neither myself or my girlfriend have had any STDs.

I have been masturbating recently and was wondering if it had anything to do with friction. However, based on researching I wondered if it could be related to yeast infection and what I would be advised to do about it?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 22nd, 2012
Yeast Infection Answer A35204
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is difficult to comment on the cause for the red spots under foreskin that you describe without examining them. If they have been persistent, you should consider getting them examined by your doctor/urologist. Treatment as appropriate (based on examination findings and investigations results) would be started to help you control the symptoms. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/urologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. If infective cause is detected, get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection, and avoid having intercourse while being on treatment.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Yeast Infection , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.