Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menopause Forum

What type of doctor? depression, premenopausal

I am new to this forum.
Trying to find a doctor to help with the following issues, instead of just one specialist to assist with one issue, ignoring others or having to see several different docs.
Problems I've been having:
Mainly mental health issues - debilitating depression, past bipolar issues, past send issues, depression mainly now
No energy or motivation. I can't get what I need to get done because....
I am very tired all the time
My body aches and feels very stiff, especially within about two hours after waking no matter how long I sleep. mostly the soreness is in the upper back, neck, shoulders. I naturally wake up after about 7 hours or so of sleep then go back to bed if I don't have to be up yet.
My diet is horrible. I usually only crave sweets; I have a sugar addiction. So lots of cookies, chocolate candy. I only drink sweet tea.
I don't exercise, very sedentary. I work part time from home as a transcriptions, so lots of sitting and typing. I know I need to start exercising, but I hurt so it is hard to imagine how to do that.
I take adderall in the morning to wake me up, help me become alert and get going (which I recently heard is the opposite of what it is supposed to do, so I need that evaluated as well, far as what medicines or treatment I need). I just started on one-a-day energy vitamins. I also take seriously at night. Without those I do not sleep. At all. I have been awake for 3 days straight before waiting on a prescription refill.
And I have had very low libido, no desire for sex for a long time. Just recently started a light, very brown colored (sorry tmi) period, I think? I am 44, maybe premenopausal?

That's it. Please tell me what kind of Dr might help me with all that. Thank you!
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied February 6th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern.
I would suggest you to consult an experienced gynecologist who is working in centre who had good collaboration with psychiatrist.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is menopause? Peri menopause? How long does menopause last? Get the facts on menopause, "the big change", here. ...
Symptoms of menopause and perimenopause affect women in different ways. What common signs and early symptoms of menopause can alert you of "the change"?...
Consult your doctor as your body makes the perimenopause transition. But how do doctors confirm the beginning of menopause? Learn more here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menopause , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.