Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Forum

what to do with my hand as it is so painful!

User Profile
hi i really need ur help i have had trigger finger surgery on my right hand in the past and last year i had carpal tunnel surgery on my right hand im still getting the symptoms of carpal tunnel surgery my hand swells pins and needles tingling burning sensation and acheing and pain in my forearm....i can sleep at night as i keep waking up im in constant pain and dont know what to do...im taking solpadol 30/500mg from my GP and i have got an appointment with an orthapedic surgeon at the end of this month for the past 2 months i have been getting pain in my right shoulder went to see my GP as i have a lump on the top of my shoulder he said its a shoulder Bursitis which he gave me a steroid injection for
over the past 5 to 6 years i have had 7 lots of physio on my right hand massage theropy on my hand 3 steroid injection in my right hand and one in my shoulder after the steroid injections the pain does increase
i really need some help on what to do with my hand as it is so pain ful

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 27th, 2011
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Answer A21301
Hello and welcome to eHealth forum!

You need to get nerve conduction tests done to see if there is a pinched nerve at the cervical spine/shoulder/elbow. You may also need a MRI of cervical spine and shoulder. It could also be Scalene Myofascial Pain Syndrome. When scalene muscle is the cause of pain, the pain is referred to chest, inner lining of scapula (shoulder bone), shoulder, posterior and lateral sides of the arm right up to the thumb and index finger.

Please consult a neurologist regarding this as a confirmed diagnosis is not possible on net. Hope this helps. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn the basics about carpal tunnel syndrome here: causes, risk factors and complications....
Are some people born with carpal tunnel? More here on what can cause carpal tunnel syndrome and who is at risk of developing the condition....
Carpal tunnel syndrome is accompanied by very clear signs and symptoms. But how do symptoms change as the syndrome progresses? More info here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Carpal Tunnel Syndrome , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.