Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > Pharmaceuticals Forum

What the heck happened to me last night?

I am currently taking vybriid, lorazepam, and lunesta. The doctor did not specify at what time I should take these except the lunesta which of course is taken at night. So, at night I take all three. This has worked pretty well for a few weeks now but last night about 40 minutes after I took my meds, I started to feel my eyes shaking back and forth in my head really fast which was making me feel very uncomfortable. I would wake up gasping for air which I think was just the fear of whatever was happening to me. I got up and ate something, not sure why but I thought it might make me feel better. I went to sleep and then this morning I felt hung over, I am very sore in my stomach muscles. Can someone tell me what this is all about. I am planning to only take the vybrid tonight because I'm scared to take everything again. I also have not taken the lorazepam today as my prescription is for four times a day as needed. My apt with my Dr is not until the 26th....
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 18th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
Farracci,

The Viibryd is an SSRI antidepressant, the lorazepam is a benzodiazepine, and the Lunesta is a short term sleep aid.

The lorazepam should not be abruptly discontinued, as this has been known to cause significant withdrawal symptoms, including seizures, as it is a benzodiazepine. Likewise, SSRI antidepressants should not be stopped abruptly either.

So, you should really contact your physician as soon as you can, explain the symptoms, and ask as to which medicines you should take or not. If you cannot reach your physician, call your pharmacist, or the ER if necessary.

Good luck. Hope you are feeling better.
|
Did you find this post helpful?